Quick. Off the top of your head, think of all the technology products (software & hardware) that you use on a daily basis. Make a mental list.
Now, ask yourself this simple question – how many of those on the list were created by an Indian company?
The chances are, your answer is “none.”
Why is it so?
Well, you’ve got to admit that product technology startups are a brave bunch.
Apart from the usual teething problems that most startups undergo, product tech startups are confronted by the the vicious circle of needing investment to create the product and being asked to create the product to get investment.
And even if they do manage to make a prototype and get on board a few paying customers, they’re seldom able to scale rapidly.
In our 3 years of existence, we at YourStory.in have interacted with over 8000 technology entrepreneurs and based on those interactions, we’ve been able to distil the various inputs received to arrive at the following areas of support, typically required by product tech startups:
- Access to potential customers/partners
- Access to investment
- Access to quality mentorship/insights
- Access to top-notch talent/potential employees
- Visibility/media coverage
Through TechSparks 2012, India’s biggest discovery & showcase platform for product tech startups, we at YourStory.in aim to provide technology entrepreneurs all of the aforementioned support systems.
This will be enabled via:
- A contest where startups enrol, for free, through a simple form about their product/business. The top 30 startups will be showcased in front of an elite audience consisting of VCs, angel investors, CXO-level corporates from the technology sector, developers and the mainstream media, at the grand finale
- Workshops in different cities for every technology entrepreneur who registers for the contest where senior members of the startup & corporate ecosystem come together for power-packed sessions of knowledge-sharing & networking
TechSparks 2012 is committed to supporting technology entrepreneurs with their go-to-market strategy and setting the stage for startup stardom, scale & success.
So, what are you waiting for? Be a part of TechSparks 2012. Let us lead you to the limelight that matters.